The weekend was somewhat of a blur. Kenny drove to New Orleans to see a good friend Friday, stayed the night, and drove back home on Saturday. I don't think I sat down until supper Saturday night. The kids kept me busy, but they were really good except for a Play-Doh incident at 9am that morning. I did a TON of laundry and packed up the Halloween decorations from inside the house. We hadn't been home for a full weekend since I don't know when, so there was a LOT to do. Then when Kenny got home, we put the pumpkins up from outside and pulled out our turkey. Jackson and I also planted some pink colanchoe plants along the back patio while Jordan supervised.
Oh, and I want to show you my bird of paradise blooms that I cut Saturday morning. Aren't they cool?!?!? I decided to enjoy them inside of my house instead of having to search for them through the windows outside. They also blend very nicely with my autumn decor.
Jackson had a big day today. He got rewarded with an outing to see Astro Boy because he had 4 out of 5 "greens" last week. (He gets a color at the end of every day that tells us his conduct was for the day. Blue is the very best, but green is the next best and is still awesome... at least to us.) His behavior had been "iffy" at best since they started the color system in September. So we were very proud that he did so well last week. This week we're going for all greens. And who knows, maybe he'll even get a blue one day. I can dream, right??? :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment