Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This is a pictureless post because I was too lazy celebrating Mother's Day to pull out the camera. :)
Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's out there. We had a very low key day which is okay with me. The St. Laurence Auction Gala was last night, and Kenny and I went for the first year as parents. It was lots of fun! So we woke up this morning to Jackson asking if he could play Wii. Sure... just don't wake up your sister. Then Jackson realized it was Mothers Day. He brought me breakfast in bed. ALL ON HIS OWN!!! He brought me a bowl (small, blue, plastic bowl) of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and a cup of milk. Isn't he just the sweetest??? I asked him how he did and he was so proud that he poured the milk all by himself. I asked him if he spilled any and he said, "yea, just a little." But he must have cleaned it up... When I went to the kitchen a little later, there was no spilled milk anywhere. Holy HECK! Did he clean it up????? So that was just the greatest!

Then they went to get my presents. Kenny and Jackson wrapped them in gift bags and hid them in Jack's closet. Ummm, they weren't there when they went to get them. Some curly-haired little girl took them for some crazy reason. The t-shirt was thrown in one place on the floor and the yoga pants somewhere else, and I don't even know where the other one was. So after Kenny's little panic moment, they brought the gifts to me in one piece.

We had a great lunch at home then went and Aunt Gayle's to swim this afternoon. The kids were soooo excited to go swim. They've been waiting to swim since February. So here I sit at the computer at 7:45. Kenny, Jackson and Jordan are all already sleeping. Tired from all the swimming this afternoon. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Mother's Day by watching the Housewives of Orange County and going to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment