We concluded our vacation in New Orleans on Monday. Our first order of business was visiting the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. And wouldn't you know it... it was pouring Monday morning. We can't get a drop of rain to save our lives at home, and it decides to rain on our vacation. Well, we made the most of it and ran to the Aquarium entrance covered in umbrella bags.
The aquarium is really nice and really suited for children. Our pictures from the aquarium are a little peculiar because Jackson was the photographer. Here are a few that were less blurry.
They also had a cute play area for the kids. Jack and Jordan had a lot of fun here.
Once we were done playing, we attempted to pet a stingray. Jack and I were able to touch a couple, but Jordan couldn't quite reach. Of course I have no pictures of this. The sharks were definitely our favorite. They had a nice display of what an oil platform will look like under the surface and all the sea life that would live around it. It was really neat to see since oil is so much of our life.
After the aquarium, we ran thru the rain to the River Walk area and had lunch and did a little shopping. The rain let up a little bit and we made our way to the ferry and rode across the river.
After the fairy ride, we walked down the rode and took a trolley ride down Canal Street. Kenny and I were more excited for this than the kids I think. After being on the go all day, Jordan even took a little nap.
After the trolley car ride, I would say the kids were wiped out. So while they unwound in the backseat, Kenny and I drove thru the French Quarter just to check things out. We got as close as we could to St. Louis Cathedral without getting out of the car. I just love this old Church. My friend was married there. Too bad I didn't know her back then.
We made our way back to the hotel and called it a day. Hopefully a day full of happy memories. Tuesday morning we woke up with the daunting task of driving back home. But not without satisfying my craving for beignets at Cafe Du Monde. Luckily there was one not far from where we were staying. This was a great way to begin our trip home.
This was definitely a great family vacation. Can't wait for many more to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment