
We are extra thankful this year. We have two beautiful, healthy kids, a supportive and loving family, and careers that are rewarding. We are extra thankful that Kenny’s company has been thriving. Hard work and dedication definitely pay off! And I truly believe that when you take a leap of faith and trust in God, He will provide.
We drove into College Station on Thanksgiving-eve. After getting our tailgating spot all ready to go, we headed to Santa’s Wonderland. The kids had been so excited to drive thru and see all the lights. They had been looking forward to it all week. It did not disappoint. We went thru it two years ago, and they have changed it up quite a bit. So it was nice to see something new.
Thursday started early as we tailgated all day before the big game. We combined tailgates with some good friends and had a huge Thanksgiving feast. There were 8 deep fried turkeys with all the trimmings. It was so YUMMY!!!

We saw a few of these guys wandering around... They looked a little lost. Apparently they don't all come together in a group.

A few hours before the game we watched Parson’s Mounted Calvary make their way to the stadium. These are the guys that set off the cannon each time the Aggies score. Then it was off to the game. The GAME! Dadgummit, the Aggies need to learn how to keep a lead!!!!! What a disappointment to lose the game with a last minute field goal. Heck, the whole season has been a disappointment. BUT, it’s on to bigger and better things for the Aggies. See ya Big 12-2-1+1-1+1.
One thing I will say about the game is how classy the Longhorn band was. They spelled out thanks aTm and played “Thanks for the Memories.” I thought this was a really nice gesture. It’s a lot nicer than some of the downright ugly comments I’ve seen/heard from a few Longhorn faithful. I'm pretty sure they don't read my blog though. Oh well.
Unfortunately, I didn’t see much of the second half of the game. Jordan had been fighting a tummy bug for a few days and was fine all day Thursday. As we got settled into our seats, she started complaining of a tummy ache. She eventually fell asleep after kickoff and slept thru most of the first half. So I thought we'd make it thru the game. She woke up during halftime and cried thru the bands. So, she and I left the game. I’ve got to hand it to her; she was definitely a trooper. It was a pretty long walk back to our car, but she toughed it out. We finally got back to Shari’s house, got Jordan into her PJs and she crashed.
I watched the last 5 gut-wrenching minutes by myself on the couch.
Having to bring Jordan home put everything into perspective. Kenny and I love Aggie football as much as anybody. And while the tu / A&M rivalry is huge, at the end of the day, it’s only a football game. We get caught up in rivalries and winning and sometimes forget what’s really important. People hate to admit that the two schools are more alike than different. As I left the game, I was reminded of what mattered most… and am eternally thankful for the little ones that call me Mommy.
Jordan was back to normal by Saturday. We decorated our house for Christmas on Saturday and Sunday. Yes, it takes 2 whole days!!! Why do we have so much stuff?!?!?! BUT, it sure is beautiful when it’s all up, and it deserves it's own post. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment