Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can You Come Back Home???

I have to share this funny story. Of course it wasn't funny at the time, but I can't help but smile when I think about it. Kristen at We Are THAT Family is having a Blogoversary Carnival, and asked readers to share a "THAT Family" moment. In 4 short years of motherhood, I've got my fair share of those kinds of moments, but this is one of the latest.

A couple of weeks ago, I ventured out with two of my sisters-in-law for an outing to Round Top, Texas. We weren't even out of the county when Kenny called and asked if I could come back home... facetiously of course. It seems that Jackson had taken his "full" Pull-Up off to get dressed for the day. He took the Pull-Up and was swinging it around (above his head I'm sure). Well, the lining kinda broke and the inside of the Pull-Up, all the gel-filled pellets were thrown against the fireplace screen, continued onto the window blinds and then the drapes. Kenny quickly got the shop vac up and vacuumed up all that he could. But can you imagine those little pellets in the fireplace screen. It's a gas fireplace, and you can't really removed the screen. There's still lint in the screen from where he was wiping it with a paper towel. I'm sure Jackson apologized the whole time, but all we could do was laugh in the car and be grateful we weren't there. :)

2 comments: