Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cats and Bats and Pumpkins, oh my! (and a ghost)


The kids have their Halloween parties at school on Friday, and I knew I wanted to make cookies for them. So Jackson requested cats, bats, ghosts and pumpkins. Kenny was feeling a little left out because I never make cookies for us at home, so I made an extra batch of pumpkins. I baked and baked and baked. For like 4 hours. Then Sunday night we outlined the cookies, and Monday we filled them in, and then Tuesday we put the finishing touches. I say we because Kenny is a good helper. He can't sit idle when I'm doing something creative. He did the more creative jack-o-lantern faces.



So I bagged up the cookies for the parties tonight, and put the rest up for us to munch on thru the weekend. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a break. But it was fun, and I really enjoy it. It's a nice break from the corporate world.

No comments:

Post a Comment