Today Kenny and I are in Baton Rouge, LA near the campus of LSU. While I have never been here before, Kenny has been here a couple of times on recruiting trips. We are here so that he can take his licensing exam for the state of Louisiana. So I came along to be his co-pilot.
A couple of observations about Baton Rouge and LSU...
1. The campus has huge, beautiful oak trees scattered about. I just love this. The football stadium is huge. Probably about the size of Kyle. And their baseball and softball stadiums are new and really nice. Didn't see alot of students milling about on campus which was kind of odd since summer school is in session.
2. LSU's mascot, Mike the Tiger, has his own habitat that includes an air conditioned room.
3. It's HOT and humid here. Just like at home... hence, the reason for Mike's air conditioned room.
4. The food here is fantastic!!! But that's a given, right?
5. We got some funny looks on Sunday as Kenny had his Aggie shirt on for the baseball game. We're burning that shirt by the way... it's bad luck.
6. We drove around downtown late Sunday night and it was a ghost town. We saw some cars coming out of the casino and a police officer. That was it! So we took it on ourselves to have our own self-guided tour of the state capitol grounds.
7. One noticeable thing about downtown... it was spotless. I couldn't get over how clean it was.
8. Our stay so far has been great. Hoping a passing grade on the test is icing on the cake. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment